WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
DO YOU HAVE ACCOMMODATION?
Yes we have the secluded and romantic loveshack for a couple.
CAN YOU DRIVE TO PENCARROW LODGE BY PRIVATE VEHICLE?
Transport for guests is by coach or minivan. Bridal service vehicles to be discussed with lodge management. No private vehicles.
HOW BIG IS THE LODGE?
Pencarrow Lodge has 500 sq metres of inside entertainment areas.
• The Cellar room - 200 sq metres
• The Kaikoura room - 100 sq metres
• The Fitzroy room - 100 sq metres
• The Viewing deck - 100 sq metres
We also have a sheltered court yard area suitable for a marquee. It offers flexibility with different seating options. It is suitable for both small and large groups.
DO YOU HAVE WET WEATHER OPTIONS?
Pencarrow Lodge is large enough to hold your ceremony inside. We also have areas outdoors for your ceremony.
We have a large commercial sound system with an extensive range of CDs on site. You can bring your own laptop or ipod to plug into our system.
BAND, DJS AND SOLOISTS
We can put you in touch with a band or soloist from our database.
We can recommend Theatre Sports companies.
HISTORY & LANDMARKS
The Pencarrow area is steeped in history. The gravel road follows the coastline with hills covered in native flax fringing one side of the road and gravel beaches, rocks and swaying bull kelp on the other side.
• A section of the road to Pencarrow Lodge was an early stock route to the Wairarapa
• Ship wrecks
• Two fresh water lakes - Lake Kohangapiripiri and Lake Kohangetera
• Remains of an old wharf
• Raised beaches
• First lighthouse in NZ manned by the first Women lighthouse keeper
• A Historian can accompany this tour from Eastbourne